Defender Low Level CO (Carbon Monoxide) Monitor - LL6170Defender
The Defender LL6170 is a professional quality, sealed lithium battery powered low level carbon monoxide monitor. Continuously displays CO levels detected of 5 ppm or more. Visual alert signals are automatically activated at 9 ppm, and audible and visual alarm signals at 15 ppm. Secure mounting system and non-removable batteries.
The factory sealed lithium batteries are non-removable, and warranted to power the monitor for minimum 3 years.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause dizziness, nausea, disorientation, and death.Exposure to low CO levels (under 30 ppm) can cause long term health damage, even after the CO source is removed.These health effects include neurological damage such as learning and memory impairments, emotional and person-ality effects, and sensory and motor disorders.
Protect Your Health And Safety
Standard CO detectors do not alarm below 30 ppm, and may not be protective enough for older adults, pregnant women, and young children.The Defender LL6170 Low Level CO Monitor automatically displays CO levels detected from 5-500 ppm, flashes a red LED at 9 ppm, sounds a warning at 15 ppm, and activates an alarm at 25 ppm. To help protect your health and safety, install the Defender LL6170 Low Level CO Monitor.
The American Lung Association further cautions that breathing low CO levels can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, weakness, confusion and disorientation. Breathing low CO levels regularly may cause permanent mental or physical problems.
Whether at home or at the workplace, the Defender LL6170 Low Level CO Monitor helps to protect against chronic low CO poisoning, and provides an early warning before CO levels reach the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) limit of 25 ppm averaged over 8 hours.
CO Alert at 9 PPM within 10 Mins
Displays CO level and “Alarm” red LED flashes 4 times per minute. Reset button suspends flashing LED for 8 hours.
CO Alarm at 15 PPM within 60 Mins
Displays CO level, beeps 4 times every minute, and “Alarm” red LED flashes in sync with beep. Mute silences for 8 hrs.
CO Alarm at 25 PPM ≤ 30 Mins
Displays CO level, beeps 4 times every 5 secs, and “Alarm” red LED flashes in sync with beep. Mute silences for 5 mins.
The UL 2034 Safety Standard for Residential Carbon Monoxide Alarms does not permit UL listed CO alarms to activate an alarm below 30 ppm. The Defender LL6170 provides added protection for older adults, pregnant women, young children and persons with medical conditions who may be more vulnerable to lower CO levels, and is not UL listed. This CO monitor is intended to supplement, not replace, a UL listed CO alarm.
- Lithium Battery Powered Low Level CO Monitor
- Sealed Non-Removable Lifetime Batteries
- Automatic and Manual Battery Activation
- Accurate and Reliable Electrochemical Sensor
- Integrated Filter for Removing Nuisance Gases
- Samples for Carbon Monoxide Every 5 seconds
- Auto Displays Current CO Level from 5 to 500 PPM
- Low Level Alert: 4 Red LED Flashes per minute
- 9 PPM = 10 mins, reset suspends for 8 hrs
- Low Level Alarm: 4 Beeps/Red Flashes per minute
- 15 PPM = 60 mins, mute silences for 8 hrs
- Mute is auto overridden if CO rises to 25 PPM
- Mid-Hi Level Alarm: 4 Beeps/Flashing LED per 5 secs
- 25 PPM ≤ 30 mins, mute silences for 5 mins
- 50 PPM ≤ 15 mins, mute silences for 5 mins
- 100 PPM ≤ 5 mins, mute silences for 5 mins
- 150 PPM at any time detected, no mute
- Manually Displays Peak CO Level from 5 to 500 PPM
- Manually Displays Peak Duration from 1-999 minutes
- Separate Test and Memory Display Buttons
- Separate Alarm, Power and Service LED’s
- Self Diagnostic Circuitry and Sensor Life Monitor
- Operating Temperature 40-100° F at 10-95% RH
- Three Year Factory Warranty for Monitor & Batteries
• Sealed Lithium Battery Powered Low Level CO Monitor
|Display Memory Data|
• Highest (peak) carbon monoxide level detected within the last 30 days from 5 to 500 ppm
|Display, Alert and Alarm Times and Signals|
• Ultra Low Level Display Time: 5 ppm within 1 minute
• Factory Sealed Lithium Batteries are Non-Removable
|Testing and Standards|
100% Tested: Every Defender LL6170 is 100% tested at eight CO levels from 7 ppm to 510 ppm during production, and 100% verified by Quality Control.
Complies with National Healthy Housing Standard: The National Healthy Housing Standard warns that CO present at or above 30 ppm when measured over one hour, or above nine ppm measured over eight hours, should be deemed hazardous. The LL6170 is programmed to activate a visual alert at 9 PPM within 10 minutes of detection, and a visual and audible alarm at 25 PPM within 30 minutes of detection.
NOTE: The UL 2034 Standard for Residential Single and Multiple Station Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms does not permit UL listed CO alarms to automatically display or activate an alarm signal at CO levels below 30 PPM.
The Defender LL6170 is designed to provide added protection for young children, pregnant women (and their unborn children), older adults, and persons with medical conditions who may be more vulnerable to lower levels of CO, and is not UL listed.
When installed in residential applications, the Defender LL6170 Low Level CO Monitor is intended to supplement, not replace, a UL listed residential CO alarm, like the Defender CA6150.
Defender carbon monoxide alarms, detectors and monitors are not designed for use in vehicles or unconditioned spaces.
|Shipping and Packaging|
• Monitor Color: White
|*Specifications are subject to change without notice.|