Defender Low Level CO (Carbon Monoxide) Monitor - LL6170, Fixed mount
Only 42 items remaning
DEFENDER LL6170 CARBON MONOXIDE MONITOR
The Defender LL6170 is a professional quality, sealed lithium battery powered low level carbon monoxide monitor. Continuously displays CO levels detected of 5 ppm or more. Visual alert signals are automatically activated at 9 ppm, and audible and visual alarm signals at 15 ppm. Secure mounting system and non-removable batteries.
The factory sealed lithium batteries are non-removable, and warranted to power the monitor for minimum 3 years.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless gas that can cause dizziness, nausea, disorientation, and death. Exposure to low CO levels (under 30 ppm) can cause long term health damage, even after the CO source is removed. These health effects include neurological damage such as learning and memory impairments, emotional and person-ality effects, and sensory and motor disorders.
Protect Your Health And Safety
Standard CO detectors do not alarm below 30 ppm, and may not be protective enough for older adults, pregnant women, and young children.The Defender LL6170 Low Level CO Monitor automatically displays CO levels detected from 5-500 ppm, flashes a red LED at 9 ppm, sounds a warning at 15 ppm, and activates an alarm at 25 ppm. To help protect your health and safety, install the Defender LL6170 Low Level CO Monitor.
The American Lung Association further cautions that breathing low CO levels can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, weakness, confusion and disorientation. Breathing low CO levels regularly may cause permanent mental or physical problems.
Whether at home or at the workplace, the Defender LL6170 Low Level CO Monitor helps to protect against chronic low CO poisoning, and provides an early warning before CO levels reach the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) limit of 25 ppm averaged over 8 hours.
CO Alert at 9 PPM within 10 Mins
Displays CO level and “Alarm” red LED flashes 4 times per minute. Reset button suspends flashing LED for 8 hours.
CO Alarm at 15 PPM within 60 Mins
Displays CO level, beeps 4 times every minute, and “Alarm” red LED flashes in sync with beep. Mute silences for 8 hrs.
CO Alarm at 25 PPM ≤ 30 Mins
Displays CO level, beeps 4 times every 5 secs, and “Alarm” red LED flashes in sync with beep. Mute silences for 5 mins.
The UL 2034 Safety Standard for Residential Carbon Monoxide Alarms does not permit UL listed CO alarms to activate an alarm below 30 ppm. The Defender LL6170 provides added protection for older adults, pregnant women, young children and persons with medical conditions who may be more vulnerable to lower CO levels, and is not UL listed. This CO monitor is intended to supplement, not replace, a UL listed CO alarm.
- Sealed Lithium Battery Powered Low Level CO Monitor
- Two Non-Removable Lifetime Batteries with Soldered Connections
- Automatic and Manual Battery Activation
- Accurate and Reliable Water-Based Electrochemical Sensor
- Integrated Filter for Removing Nuisance Gases
- Samples for Carbon Monoxide (CO) Every 5 Seconds
- Mid-Hi Level Alarm: 4 Beeps/Flashing LED per 5 secs
- 150 PPM at any time detected, no mute
- Mute is auto overridden if CO rises to 25 PPM
- Easy-to-Read Alpha-Numeric Digital LCD Display
- Automatically Displays Current CO Level Detected from 5 PPM to 500 PPM
- Automatic Visual Alert Signals when 9 PPM or More is Detected
- Automatic Audible and Visual Alarm Signals when 15 PPM or More is Detected
- Manually Displays Peak CO Level Detected from 5 PPM to 500 PPM
- Manually Displays Duration of Peak CO Level from 1 to 999 Minutes
- 25 PPM ≤ 30 mins, mute silences for 5 mins
- 50 PPM ≤ 15 mins, mute silences for 5 mins
- 100 PPM ≤ 5 mins, mute silences for 5 mins
- 9 PPM = 10 mins, reset suspends for 8 hrs
- 15 PPM = 60 mins, mute silences for 8 hrs
- Low Level Alert: 4 Red LED Flashes per minute
- Separate Display and Memory Test Buttons
- Separate Alarm, Power and Service LED’s
- Audible and Visual Alarm Signals
- Self Diagnostic Circuitry and Sensor Life Monitor
- Instant Test/Reset/Mute Feature
- Internal Microprocessor Monitors Sensor Function
- Auto. Alert when Alarm Reaches End of its Life
- Operating Temperature and Humidity: 40°F to 100°F at 10% to 95% RH
- Storage Temperature and Humidity: 40°F to 100°F at 20% to 60% RH
- Durable Flame Retardant ABS Construction
- Three Year Factory Warranty for Monitor and Batteries
- Manufactured in Canada
Display Memory Data
- Highest (peak) carbon monoxide level detected within the last 30 days from 5 to 500 ppm
- The total length of time the highest CO level was detected, within 10% of the peak, from 1 to 999 minutes
Display, Alert and Alarm Times and Signals
- Ultra Low Level Display Time: 5 ppm within 1 minute
- Low Level Visual Alert Time: 9 ppm within 10 minutes, 25 ppm within 1 minute
- Low Level Audible Alert Time: 15 ppm within 60 minutes
- Low Level Alarm Time: 25 ppm within 30 minutes
- Mid Level Alarm Time: 50 ppm within 15 minutes
- High Level Alarm Times: 100 ppm within 5 minutes; 150 ppm at any time detected
- Visual Alert and Alarm Signals: Current CO level detected and flashing Red Alarm LED
- Audible 85dB Pulsating Alarm Signal: 4 beeps every 5, 20 or 60 seconds
- Display Resolution: 1 PPM
- Display Accuracy: ±15%, plus ±2% each succeeding year, or 5 PPM, whichever is greater, from 20 to 500 PPM @ 50% RH, 72°F ±5°
- Because CO sensors typically lose sensitivity over time, it is recommended that the Defender low level CO monitor be replaced every three years in order to maintain display accuracy.
- The sensor and display accuracy may be affected by environmental conditions and other circumstances beyond the manufacturer's control.
- Factory Sealed Lithium Batteries are Non-Removable
- Automatic Battery Activation when Alarm is Attached to Mounting Plate
- Integral Restraint Secures Alarm with Phillips Screw through Alarm Body into Mounting Plate
Testing and Standards
100% Tested: Every Defender LL6170 is 100% tested at eight CO levels from 7 ppm to 510 ppm during production, and 100% verified by Quality Control.
Complies with National Healthy Housing Standard: The National Healthy Housing Standard warns that CO present at or above 30 ppm when measured over one hour, or above nine ppm measured over eight hours, should be deemed hazardous. The LL6170 is programmed to activate a visual alert at 9 PPM within 10 minutes of detection, and a visual and audible alarm at 25 PPM within 30 minutes of detection.
NOTE: The UL 2034 Standard for Residential Single and Multiple Station Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms does not permit UL listed CO alarms to automatically display or activate an alarm signal at CO levels below 30 PPM.
The Defender LL6170 is designed to provide added protection for young children, pregnant women (and their unborn children), older adults, and persons with medical conditions who may be more vulnerable to lower levels of CO, and is not UL listed.
When installed in residential applications, the Defender LL6170 Low Level CO Monitor is intended to supplement, not replace, a UL listed residential CO alarm, like the Defender CA6150.
Defender carbon monoxide alarms, detectors and monitors are not designed for use in vehicles or unconditioned spaces.
Shipping and Packaging
- Monitor Color: White
- Monitor Size: 5½" x 3¾" x 1⅜"
- Monitor Weight: 8 oz
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- Unit Boxed Dimensions: 7" x 5" x 2½"
- Unit Boxed Weight: 12 oz.
- Contractor Pack: 6, 12 or 24 units
- Shipping Carton Dimensions: 21" x 11" x 11" (24 units)
- Shipping Carton Weight: 19 lbs (24 units)
- Distribution Centers: California and Ontario
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.